As someone who personally has experienced traumatic brain injury, multiple concussions, Lyme, PTSD, autoimmune inflammation processes, and spinal injury to name a few, I want to offer you hope for healing. I have not only experienced tremendous healing in myself but have witnessed the self-healing of many of my patients in my 15 years of caring for people professionally.
Also, first and foremost, let it be known that I would not be alive today if it wasn't for the healing that is available to oneself through gentle and specific chiropractic adjustments --- the power that made the body, heals the body and when the nervous system is given a chance to heal by removing the interference that have stood in the way, it will. :)
Besides getting adjusted by an exceptional chiropractor, please focus on my Top 3 recommendations below and watch your brain health improve exponentially!
1. Consume Quality CBD Oil at Dosages of at Least 50mg/day to Allow Your Body the Ability to Self Correct and Increase Resilience.
High points of our endogenous Endocannabinoid System (ECS) are noted in this image above.
Note this information below regarding the neurological research of cannabinoids:
(From the Medical Marijuana, Inc. educational portal): Cannabinoids have been shown to act on the CB1 and CB2 receptors of the endocannabinoid system, which in turn prevents the release of proinflammatory cytokines that are released after brain trauma and cause damage (Panikashvili, et al., 2006). Activating of the CB1 and CB2 receptors also has been shown to stimulate the release of minocycline, which reduces brain swelling and neurological impairment, and diffuses further injuries to the brain’s axons (Lopez-Rodriguez, et al., 2015) (Biegon, 2004).
In one study, cannabinoid administered to mice with brain injuries caused a significant reduction of brain swelling, as well as better clinical recovery, reduced infarct volume, and reduced brain cell death compared to the control group (Panikashvili, et al., 2001). In another, CBD was found to reduce acute and apoptotic brain damage (Castillo, et al., 2010). Piglets with brain injuries given CBD experienced less excitotoxicity, oxidative stress and inflammation (Pazos, et al., 2013).
Isn’t this astounding? Don’t you feel like you have been left in the dark and irritated that we have not been given this information 20 years ago! It is time that we all fill our endocannabinoid receptors --- 4 generations ago we ate cannabinoids every day, now our poor receptors are empty.
Check this researcher out speaking on the benefits for Diabetes, Inflammatory Conditions like Autoimmune Rheumatoid Arthritis, Osteoporosis, Concussion, etc.
Also, extensive preclinical research has documented the anti-inflammatory properties of single-molecule CBD in animal models of various pathologies, including neuropathic pain, epilepsy, rheumatoid arthritis, irritable bowel syndrome, multiple sclerosis, obesity and diabetes.
Scientists are beginning to understand the specific pharmacological mechanisms underlying CBD’s potential as a treatment for cancer, heart disease, addiction, depression and numerous other health disorders.
Cannabidiol is a pleiotropic compound that produces many effects through multiple molecular pathways. It taps into how we function biologically on a very deep level: CBD can penetrate the cell membrane and bind to receptors on the nucleus (PPARs), which regulate gene expression and mitochondrial activity.
A 1998 study sponsored by the National Institutes of Health is the basis for a U.S. government patent on the antioxidant and neuroprotective qualities of plant cannabinoids, specifically CBD and psychoactive THC (tetrahydrocannabinol). CBD and THC were found to limit “neurological damage following ischemic insults, such as stroke and trauma.” Both compounds are described as having “particular application … in the treatment of neurodegenerative diseases, such as Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and HIV dementia.”
Check out this research about how neuro-protective cannabinoids are:
Mice that had suffered an impact brain injury showed marked recovery in object recognition and in performing a specific task after CB1 receptors were activated (Arain, Khan, Craig & Nakanishi, 2015). Cannabinoids have even shown to be effective at offering neuroprotection in newborn babies that have experienced a brain injury (Fernandez-Lopez, Lizasoain, Moro & Martinez-Orgado, 2013).
By acting through the CB1 and CB2 receptors of the endocannabinoid system, the cannabinoids provide a neuro-protective response, prompting researchers to conclude that they can be a useful treatment for acute spinal cord injuries (Arevalo-Martin, Garcia-Ovejero & Molina-Holgado, 2010) (Arevalo-Martin, et al., 2012) (Arevalo-Martin, Molina-Holgado & Garcia-Ovejero, 2016).
If you wish to purchase standardized, nourishing, purity-tested and potent CBD oils from hemp, you can do so here. I love the support it gives your brain. I love watching my patients who are taking at least 50 mg/day feel whole again, able to curb their anxiety, their pain and even stop being triggered from past emotional traumas. For healthy support for brain health, I recommend the Pure Starter Pack of CBD Oil with CBD oil and CBD capsules.
2. Use Photobiomodulation with Binaural beats and Isochronic Tones For at Least 20 Minutes Every Day. (Say what???!)
How Do Binaural Beats Work?:
- Two separate tones of a slightly different pitch generate a binaural beat.
- One tone is presented to the left ear and the other to the right ear.
- Your brain combines the two tones to make a single new tone.
- The single tone pulses to match the desired brainwave frequencies.
- Your brain follows the pattern and creates the relaxed state.
- Isochronic tones are equal intensity pulses of sound separated by an interval of silence.
- These tones turn on and off rapidly, but the speed depends on the desired brain frequency.
- The discrete nature of isochronic tones makes them particularly easy for the brain to follow.
- While binaural beats rely on balanced hearing in both ears, isochronic tones work effectively for nearly everyone, except for someone with complete hearing loss.
- Photobiomodulation therapy is defined as a form of light therapy that utilizes non-ionizing light sources, including lasers, light emitting diodes, and/or broadband light, in the visible (400 – 700 nm) and near-infrared (700 – 1100 nm) electromagnetic spectrum.
- The BrainTap headset synchronizes the above noted tones with gentle light pulses that travel through the ear meridians and the retina, sending direct signals to the brain and guiding you into deep relaxation.
- This innovative form of brainwave training is called frequency following response, and it provides maximum results in the least amount of time.This photobiomodulation works like auriculotherapy on trigger points in the ears known as meridians. These meridians are known to directly affect the body’s organs and systems. The headset is uniquely equipped with 9 LED lights set at the optimum frequency for providing a sublime feeling of serenity and balance … all without needles!
- To really nerd out on photobiomodulation and brain trauma, TBI, depression, Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, etc … check this out.
3. Consider the Profound Effects for Re-Training Your Brain Using Neurofeedback.
- Neurofeedback, also called EEG Biofeedback is a state-of-the-art, non-invasive, drugless method for teaching the brain to function in a more balanced and healthful way. A simple and pleasant learning modality that can help shift the way the brain produces and distributes its electrical energy.
- Neurofeedback is a drug-free, non-invasive, natural approach that typically helps individuals suffering from ADHD, Post Concussive Syndrome (TBI), Depression, Anxiety, Insomnia, Migraines, Brain Fog and Fatigue.
- Neuroplasticity is your brain’s ability to create new neural pathways. Your brain is not hard-wired, it is not limited or fixed in it’s abilities to heal — you are in the driver’s seat. Find out more about how neurofeedback therapy can help you achieve life changing results.
Learn how neurofeedback has been shown to decrease hyperarousal of those suffering from PTSD.
Ready to get started on your specific neurofeedback sessions? You can visit our scheduling software online anytime and schedule for an introductory Brain Map to begin learning about your brain’s health and begin custom protocol neurofeedback based on the discoveries in your initial brainmap.